Wednesday, March 6, 2013

In The Eyes Of A Child Ch. 04

A great deal of thanks to Angel Love for editing this story Today I did not expect anything to be any different from before. They would take me before the judge and ask me where Susan was. I would say nothing and they would bring me back here. I wasn't as stupid as they thought. I knew the things they were doing were unusual. I have not been charged with anything and I knew from talking with Sara that none of my family had been bothered. They knew Robyn wanted Susan, but Robyn was afraid of what I might know or say about her family. And this gave me time to decide what I was going to do about my marriage. This Day was different. It started with a visit from dad and Sara. They visited for a while, asked me if I was ok then we just talked about general stuff. "Tommy, I know what you are doing and it's time to end all of this," dad said. "Tommy we have a lawyer waiting to talk to you. He has been hired to put an end to all of this and get you out of here." "Who hired him dad? I don't want you and mom or the family involved and if you didn't who did." "This will explain everything Tommy," Sara said. She pushed the letter into my hands. "Sorry it's open but the guards had to see it before we could give it to you." I opened it and started to read it . . . Dear Tommy, I have hired this lawyer to help you and Susan. I am afraid for you Tommy. We have found out a lot of things that you don't know about. In addition, I am afraid for your safety. This man is from Texas and is one of the best I could find; he is also a dear friend of my family. He has a private investigator hired and ready to work on your case. Tommy please talk to him and let us help you. Love always Sally Jo. Tears came to my eyes. How could I be so blind? Here was a woman who loved me and would do anything to protect me and I gave it all away for what. Someone that lied cheated and had sex with a man in my house and my bed. I told them I would talk to the man and to thank Sally and tell her I would pay all the money back to her when all of this was over. ~~~~~~~~~~ Bill Shark was an older man with a kind face and was very soft spoken. He had known Sally since she was a baby and was a close friend to the family and now semi retired. He never had met Tommy but knew a lot about him. The main thing he knew was Sally loved him with all her heart. The older gentleman knew he could help Tommy if he could get Tommy to trust him. Bill knew country folk lived by different standards than the rest of the world. He knew Tommy's sense of fair play and strong feeling of family ties may be a problem. Tommy would gladly go to jail before he would hurt his wife and daughter. He would have to have facts that proved Robyn was not what she claimed to be and maybe even prove that Susan was not his daughter before he would tell what he knew. The first thing was to talk with Tommy and get the ok for the private investigator to check up on Robyn's past. Then He knew he and Tommy needed to talk with Robyn and see if this was really, what she wanted to happen. Did she understand what was happening or was someone feeding her a line of crap. ~~~~~~~~~~~ The meeting . . . I met with the man Sally had hired to help me. He was older and very nice. He told me I could be in big trouble and he was surprised that they were just letting me sit in jail without charging me with something. He also wanted to run some background checks on Robyn and me. I said that was ok. The next thing he wanted was to get me out of jail. He told me that there might be a hearing with the Department of Family Services, because the arrest report said, Robyn claimed I kidnapped Susan and I was not the natural father. I told him that was a lie I was Susan's Father. He said Sally kept Susan for the last several days and also had the camera and Susan was now here with dad and Sara. "Tommy it's time you told me what happened and we get you out of here. Your family, friends and most importantly your daughter need you. Tell me what happened," Said Bill. "Gee Bill I guess this goes back to our honeymoon. Certain things have happened through the last four years that have me wondering if Robyn is cheating on me. I have never had any proof and she always has an answer for everything. I guess I have felt that it may be because she was so pretty and good to me. I loved her so and I just wanted to believe her. Then she came home from this meeting at work. I had just been promoted and wanted to take Robyn and my cousin Sara out to celebrate. Robyn said she had to work late. I went out with Sara for dinner and Robyn came home very late. Bill she looked like a fucked out whore not a wife. I went home for a few days to think about my marriage and if I wanted it to continue and when I came back I caught her in bed with another man." "Well, Tommy I need to go talk with her and see where she is going with this, if I have something to bargain or shock her with we may be able to end this quickly," said Bill. I told him about the pictures on the camera Sally had and the hidden ones at home. "Tommy, I have an idea. Do you mind if I call Sally and have her download the pictures from the camera and email them to me?" Bill asked. He told me he had a plan and if it worked, I would be out before the day was over and he would help me any way he could. If I wanted to put my marriage back together, he would recommend a counselor. If I wanted a divorce, he would help with that too. But one piece of advice he had for me was to look at all the facts and take my time deciding what I wanted and do what was best for me. "Tommy, I have a lot to do before we meet with the Judge at 1:00 P.M.," Bill Said. He then stood up, shook my hand and told me not to worry; he would see me later. He then walked out the door and I went back to my cell. ~~~~~~~~~~ Bill's meeting with Robyn . . . I had just left Tommy and was on my way to the motel to call Sally and get a copy of the pictures. If the pictures show what I think, then my meeting with Tommy's wife should be interesting. About thirty minutes later, I had just finished receiving the emails from Sally. Now my laptop and I were on our way to Tommy's condo. "Mrs. Collins, my name is Bill Shark and I am the attorney that is trying to help get Tommy out of jail and he and Susan back home. Can I have a few minutes of your time please," Bill asks. "Yes please come in Mr. Shark.' "I want to be frank with you Mrs. Collins; at 1:00 PM Tommy and I will be meeting with the Judge and Prosecuting Attorney. A person from the Division of family services will be there also. You say Tommy may not be Susan's father and he claims he is so the judge may order a DNA test. The judge will want to know where Susan is and this time Tommy will tell him. He will also tell him why he sent Susan to stay with his family and I will introduce this evidence. See in this picture Susan is watching you with another man," Bill said. "Oh my god, I didn't know she was there. No wonder Tommy has refused to see me or want my help," she said. "Mrs. Collins you and Tommy have a lot of work ahead of you if you are going to try to rebuild your marriage. Getting him out of jail, sitting down and being honest with him is the first step. You hurt him very badly and this is something that he may not be able to forgive or forget. But Susan needs both of you and him being in jail doesn't help," he said. "Tommy must hate me now," said Robyn. "Robyn, do you love Tommy?" Bill asks. "Yes, with all my heart. I'm sure you don't believe me after what I did. But I do love him." "Robyn, I have seen this a lot, it's not my job to question. I just ask that you do what needs to be done for Susan's sake. And to give you a piece of advice, when you talk to Tommy be honest don't hold anything back. Answer all his questions," said Bill. "Thank you Mr. Shark you have given me a lot to think about and tell Tommy I am so sorry." ~~~~~~~~~~ Before the Judge . . . About a quarter to one, I was taken by a policeman to the courthouse. There we were supposed to meet with the judge, a social worker and the prosecuting attorney in the court room. The Social worker, Bill and I were there waiting five minutes and the prosecuting Attorney had not arrived yet. A few minutes later, he came in and asked to speak to the court. He stated his main witness would not testify against her husband and asked that the case be dropped. I was free to go but where? I still had some unanswered questions that needed answering. "Bill can we go somewhere and talk?" I asked. We went to a coffee shop down the street. I needed to know everything that happed and why I was free. Bill said Robyn was the one who got me out with just a little help from him. He told me he thought that she still loved me but we had a lot of things to talk about. I asked him what the private investigator found. He said that we would have a full report by the end of next week. He said I should go by the motel where Sara was staying and pickup Susan and go home to Robyn and talk. I went by the motel where Sara was staying and knocked on the door the door. As it opened, Susan came running to me. "Daddy . . . Daddy...... see mommy see mommy," she said. Sara said she had been asking for her mommy for days and it hurt her to keep them apart. I told Sara I was taking Susan home and Robyn and I would see if this marriage could be fixed. We arrived at our condo a short time later and were standing at the door knocking. "Mommy we're home." The door opened and Robyn stood there with tears in her eyes. "May we come in," I asked her. "Yes, Tommy I'm sorry to leave you two standing here, please come in. Tommy I am so sorry for everything that has happened," she cried. "Robyn, we do need to talk. We have a LOT of talking to do, but not now. We will talk later when Susan is asleep." I said. She walked over to give me a hug. But I took one step back and shook my head no. Tears formed in Robyn's eyes and she started crying, Susan ran over. "Don't cry mommy." "I'm sorry honey I'm just so glad you and daddy are home. You will have to tell me about your stay with Grandpa and Grandma. Who you saw and what you did." When they sat down on the couch to talk, I went into the master bedroom and started moving my things into the spare bedroom. There was no way I could stay in that room where she fucked Marc. I also moved all my shaving things into the main bathroom. I felt for the time being I could stay in the same house as Robyn but sleeping together and sex was out of the question. Right now, I wasn't sure I ever wanted to be with Robyn again. And I needed time to think and plan, I had promised Marc and Bud if they were ever with Robyn, they would have to answer to me. I also wanted a DNA test on Susan so tomorrow I would go the doctor and get a test kit. I was just finishing up moving my things when Robyn came looking for me. "Tommy what are you doing? Why are you moving your stuff in here? I want you in bed with me. Can't you just forgive me? I promise nothing like this will ever happen again. Please stay with me tonight and let me make love to you. It has been a long time for you, and I know you need some loving. "Robyn, I can't, please don't push it or I will just leave. Now wait until Susan is asleep and then we will talk." "Ok Tommy I want you to know I love you, ok. Come play with your daughter while I get dinner ready." Susan and I played peek a boo until dinner was done. Then we had a great meal, it seemed Robyn was trying her best to make me happy. After dinner, she gave Susan a bath and we read her a story. We did normal family things until it was bedtime for little girls. Then I put Susan to bed while Robyn made coffee. As soon as my little girl was a sleep, I came into the kitchen and found Robyn sitting at the kitchen table crying. I got myself a cup of coffee and sat down across from her. "Tommy what can I do to fix this mess I got us in? I talked to Bill Shark earlier today and he told me to be as honest as I could be with you. I am ready to answer any and all of your questions." "Robyn just please let me say what I need to say to you first. You hurt me, no, you killed me inside. I wish I was dead it would be easier than hurting as I do. And in the last thirty days, the hurt hasn't gone away or lessened. I feel so empty inside; I no longer trust or respect you. And that is not the way a man should feel about his wife. For the time being, I will stay in the extra bedroom. I am not sure what the future holds for us but all I know is that right now I feel Susan needs to have both her parents around." I sat watching Robyn. I was sure she thought she loved me or maybe she did. I still wasn't sure that she was able to understand what she had done to me. I didn't think she had ever lost anything in her life or been hurt. I knew she could not look at me in the eyes, I just didn't know what she was hiding but I intended to find out. "Tommy, again I am so sorry. When I saw the picture that Mr. Shark showed me. I just couldn't take it knowing what I had done to you and Susan," she said. Do you know what Susan was saying as I pulled her from the bedroom? She was saying, "He hurt mommy, he hurt mommy." You didn't look like you were hurt to me. But our little girl saw you, how doses that make you feel? I want you to think about it. I also want you to take your time, make notes and be prepared for another talk. I want to know everything. How many men have you fucked? When did you start cheating, how you met them, where you had sex, and most importantly, why you cheated on me? I did feel sorry for her. She was a beaten woman. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. At that moment, she looked very much like a naughty little girl that had been bad. My heart went out to her. I wanted to take her in my arms and comfort her. But it was getting late and I had a lot to do tomorrow. Maybe after my meeting with Marc and hearing the information he could give me I might be able to start to decide if this marriage was repairable. "Robyn tomorrow is a busy day for me we will talk again in a couple of days, but for now goodnight." I left her sitting at the table sobbing; knowing I had to try to get some sleep and wonder what tomorrow would bring. I was up early the next morning. As I walked out into the living room, I heard Robyn on the phone. "I can't come into work and I don't think I will be able to for sometime. I have got to try and fix my marriage. Yes, I do love him and I will do what I can to keep him," she said. As I walked into the kitchen, she saw me and ended her telephone call quickly. I told her I needed to go to work and see if I still had a job then I had to see Bill Shark. I also had a few others things to do so I may be late. First thing I did was burn the movie I recorded the day Robyn cheated on me. I didn't watch it I just burnt it to a DVD. I was soon dressed and out the door. I had Robyn's address book with me and my stop was a vet supply store. I was in luck to find one here in the city that had what I needed. I explained to the guy working at the counter that I was looking for a banding tool. He looked at me as if I was stupid. I explained it was a tool that expanded a thick rubber band that you put around a bull sack to make him a steer. Then I went to Work and made arrangements to start back working part time tomorrow from my office at home. I then made a stop by the lawyer's office that Bill recommended to me for my divorce and gave him the CD and copies of all the pictures I had. Then with the tool in my hand, I headed for Marc's apartment. Luck was with me; he was there when I arrived. I knocked on his door standing to the side so he could not see me. The element of surprise would be on my side. Marc was big like a weight lifter and I knew I would have to get in the first punch if I was going to keep him from killing me. The door opened and when he stuck, his head out I caught him in the side of the head and he stumbled back in side. He knocked over the lamp and table leaving us in darkness. He caught me once in the ribs and I swear I heard a crack and a glancing blow to the face. I brought a knee up to his groin, and then I hit him over the head with the table. He was out so I was able to look around a little. I found one tape with Robyn's name on it and Anna Jim's old girlfriend's name and address on another tape. I took both of them. I walked back in and saw Marc was still out but breathing well so I pulled his pants down and banded all the blood off from his bag. If he couldn't get that band off before long, he wouldn't be fucking anybody anymore. I slowly walked to my car talking of the hooded sweat shirt and gloves. I locked the tapes in my trunk and after throwing the sweatshirt and gloves away in a dumpster, I headed home. As I reached the door, breathing had become difficult. I also could feel the sting of my swollen face. So I slowly slipped in hoping to make it to my room without being noticed. But Robyn was sitting waiting for me. She gasped when she saw my face. "My god Tommy are you alright?" she asked. I told her I was collecting on an old promise, but didn't duck in time. I was going to bed and would talk to her later. I had just gotten in bed when Robyn knocked on my door. "Come in," I said to her. "Tommy I am so sorry. What are we going to do? I have hurt you so bad. What has happened to the dear sweet man I married? Is he gone forever?" she asked. "Robyn I honesty don't know. I know I have loved you more than any man could love a woman but these things that have happened, I just can't let go. I have to have answers and see this through even if it ruins our marriage. I have to know why Robyn, I have to know," I said. I looked into her eyes and I could see the old Robyn I fell in love with me. There was also the hurt for what had happened and was yet to come. "Tommy just promise me one thing; that you won't hate me too much and remember when this all comes out. I do love you and always will. I am my mother's daughter and I would give anything for things to have been different, some of the things that have happened to me were beyond my control. I know you deserve the truth from me but I swear I can't tell you it would destroy us both." She ran crying from the room. Little did I know then that would be the last time we would be that close and be able to express our feelings to one another. Again thanks to Angel Love. The end is in rewrite Someone wise told me I need to start learning from my mistakes. So I promise that I will get the ending of this story finish and hopefully it will be better the the other parts Gizzmo 4417 1.96/512345

No comments:

Post a Comment